Walkable Bikeable Berlin GOALS
- Provide pedestrian and bike friendly trails throughout Berlin
- Create a greenbelt trail around Berlin for recreation, fitness and conservation purposes
- Create a gateway trail connecting Assateague Island National Seashore and Berlin, accommodating walkers and bikers, paddlers and equestrians
- 1. Identify trail opportunities throughout Town
- 2. Connect residential neighborhoods with public parks, specifically Burbage, Henry, and Stephen Decatur Parks, via pedestrian and bike trails.
- 3. Create a 3 to 5 mile walking/biking route around Berlin.
- 4. Create a safe crossing for walkers and bikers over Rt 113
- 5. Link Berlin to Assateague via trails to promote cross-visitation, promote the natural features and eco-tourism opportunities of paddling along Ayers Creek